Extend Stay And/Or Change Of Status In Canada

Many people when they come to Canada realize that the time given to them by their Visitor Visa is not enough to complete everything that they have planned and they need to apply for a visitor visa extension. 
Normally Foreign National upon arrival to Canada as Visitor can stay in the country up to 6 months from the day of entry to Canada.
When in Canada the Visitor Visa holder can Extend Stay in Canada or Change Status to a Foreign Worker or Foreign Student without leaving Canada.
It is important to do so in advance, as you might provide officers the time to consider your application before your legal status expires. You must apply 30 days before your status in Canada expires.

In addition to visitor visa extension, you may also apply for:

  • student permit extension
  • work permit extension
  • change your permit type (for example, from a work permit to a study permit)
  • change of your permit conditions (changing jobs, changing schools etc.)

If you apply for a permit extension and your visa expires as you await the decision, you will have “implied status” to preserve your temporary resident status before a decision is reached.

You can also stay in Canada to work after graduation. To work in Canada former foreign student must apply for Post Graduate Work Permit.
Many Provincial Nomination Programs (PNPs) and other immigration programs encourage international students to stay in Canada after they complete their studies.
Canada provides many routes for international students to stay and work in Canada.Many graduates first obtain a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) before going on to apply for permanent resident status.

If you while in Canada, submitted application for Permanent Residence in some cases you may be eligible to apply for Bridging Open Work Permit while your PR application is in process.

Contact us , and we will be able to help you select the right way to stay in Canada lawfully and file a correct application. We successfully file visitor visa extension and change of status applications and will be happy to share our expertise with you.